I’m a person that needs social interaction, but I have social anxiety. Do you know how fucking exhausting that is?
- partner: you be the teacher ill be the student ;)
- me: okay
- me: write an essay on whether theatre architecture of a particular period always reflects that period's culture. i want it on my desk by monday
- partner: oh no but... thats such a hard essay... is there anything i can do for extra credit? ;)
- me: no
- partner: but professor.... surely then i could... persuade you to extend the deadline...? ;)
- me: no
- partner: so... what do you want, professor?? ;)))
- me: an essay on whether theatre architecture of a particular period always reflects that period's culture. on my desk. by monday
I wanted to do a Thanksgiving picture but then I remembered that food and Native Americans are cooler than the pilgrims, and I would rather eat food than draw it, sooooo…
NEW SOURCE OF INSPIRATION: Hopi Kachinas! Kachinas are great, you guys. Does anyone have links to good legit info on them that isn’t like, french doll collectors and glib Wiki articles? The most I’ve been able to learn about the ones that inspired this drawing is that the white bear is a big cool leader guy and the red dudes are clowny types who get up to wacky hijinks.
The Hon(Bear) Katsina is a powerful medicine amongst the Hopi and the smaller dudes are called Koyemsi’s(or mudheads) and are clowns of sorts, in some villages they are sometimes powerful medicine as well.
—Viva La Pompeii (Version 2)
Viva La Pompeii (version 2) | Coldplay Vs Bastille